Progress to Goal
I started Waterboys because I realized I needed to take advantage of the platform that I have as an NFL player to effect change. Around the same time, I went to Tanzania to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. For me, that experience — seeing the poverty, the deficit in quality of life — gave me clarity about how I wanted to make a difference.
Were lucky enough to work with experienced organizations like WorldServe and have a great donor base in NFL fans. When I recruit other Waterboys, I say, Hey, this an easy way to make a difference and do something special. We have a window of opportunity as players to make a real difference, and we cant waste it.
University of VirginiaCareer Highlights
- NFL Alumni Lineman of the Year (2011)
- NFL All-Rookie Team (2008)
- Unanimous All-American (2007)
- Ted Hendricks Award (2007)
- Dudley Award (2007)
- ACC Defensive Player of the Year (2007)
- First-team All-ACC (2007)
- Second-team All-ACC (2006)